Who We Are
SAAD Investment Holdings (SAAD) was established in 2006 as the investment arm of the Tree of Life group.
At our core, we are active investors that buy, build and grow businesses in our key focus industries for long-term sustainability and the benefit of all stakeholders. We do this by partnering with management teams and actively supporting the business and its management with the necessary capital, strategic advice and access to business networks. It is our objective to have a long-term impact on the society we operate in through achieving real economic and social success.
We believe in partnerships built on trust and therefore view the relationship with the management team and other shareholders as critical to the success of the underlying business.
Our Core Activities
- Providing a Private Equity Fund Management service to clients via our subsidiary, SAAD Investment Management, an authorised Financial Services Provider, FSP 45039.
- Own balance sheet private equity investments.
Recent Transactions Include:
- Acquired a non-controlling stake in INOVO, a leader in the provision of hosted contact centre technology, in a deal that includes a BEE component
- Invested a combination of equity and debt to fund the continued expansion of Future Media Group, which provides digital publishing, media and content management services to a number of blue chip local and international clients
- Acquired a significant minority holding in Pargo, the high-tech last-mile logistics and fulfilment company with a footprint of more than 2000 pick-up points
- Invested in Compass Medical Waste Services, together with Gap Capital
- A BEE deal with DB Schenker South Africa on behalf of LIV Equity. More detail…
- Acquired a significant minority stake in the award-winning hedge fund of funds manager Think Capital
- Acquired an interest in Grassroots Group Holdings via an intermediate holding company
- Invested in Acorn Agri
- Appointed as Fund Manager of Lokuvuna Investment Trust
- Appointed as Fund Manager for LIV Equity, a joint venture between LIV and Tree of Life BEE Foundation
- Purchase of a majority shareholding in True South Actuaries & Consultants on behalf of the Tree of Life BEE Foundation
- Sale of SAAD’s 50% shareholding in the private equity fund manager Acorn Equity to our co-founder